Well our trip to England presented itself with a fresh and new challenge….only 1 bag per person instead of the usual 2 we had previously been allowed. My first thought was sheer panic! i mean how in the world were we ever going to spend two weeks in England and get all those presents (not to mention chocolate!) home in just 4 suitcases!
Graham, the ever calming influence in my life, assured me we would be fine. I, on the other hand, remained unconvinced until the night before our flight home. However, he was right thank heavens 🙂 Why did I ever doubt?
How did we do it? I’m still not sure, other than I remain convinced that a minor miracle occurred.
Here are some things we tried to do:
- Pack for only a week and do laundry half way through.
- I tried to pack mainly jeans and black tops with colored accessories.
- We tried to make sure all gifts were small and reminded the kiddios that good things come in small packages 🙂 Lots of clothes, books, DVDs, things that could be taken out of packaging and stored in ziplock bags.
- Graham packed like a true man.
- Only two pair of shoes. One pair of crocs and one other. Boots for the girls and Jacob had black tennis shoes/trainers.
- We packed it all in duffel bags that have more ‘give’ than a suitcase!
- Oh yea and virtually no toiletries! We bought and left them there.